You guys!!! My back patio is so sad! I’ve made a tiny effort on my back porch, but really, it’s just a big jumbled mess with nothing pulling it together. Do you ever feel that way?? I’m determined that this summer I’m going to have a cohesive, enjoyable back patio outdoor space that is functional, fun and my kids want to hang out in!
Here are some of my pipe dream patio ideas! I know summer is half over…but I don’t care…a girl can dream, can’t she?? Affiliate links included for your convenience!
1. Outdoor Lights
I love outdoor lights! I do have a few up right now, but I would like to have them strung across our patio with a little more grace. Right now they hit the side of my house in a windstorm and they are looking a little sad right now. These need to be refreshed! 🙂 I love this white cord option from Target!
Out Door Shade
We live in a very sunny place (yay for eastern washington!) and our back yard doesn’t really have any sources of shade until the sun goes down beyond our neighbors house. I would love to incorporate some kind of shade into our DIY Back Patio Makeover!
Here are a few options for shade that I am looking at!
- Shade Sail from Wayfair I like this because it provides a temporary option for a small price! I don’t want to break the bank for something that is only going to be up a few months out of the year!
2. I also love this gazebo for a shade option! It’s large size (10×12) would be perfect for my back patio! This would be so cute with a sectional in it and some white lights! My back yard gets full sun all day long, so this would be a nice option to keep the sun off my little kiddos!
Amazing Patio Seating Options!
I love this uber modern patio set from Wayfair! If only I had an in ground pool to put these next to! My above ground pool could work too….I guess! If anyone wants to do a collab on a in ground pool, I’m ready!
2. I also love this lovely outdoor sectional on Wayfair! This would be such a fun place to lounge in the sun and read a great book! Add some pillows in whatever your color is and you have a perfect summer patio entertaining area!
Tropical Out Door Pillows under $20
- I am in love with these crazy 80’s tropical print outdoor pillows! They would bring some fun to a boring backyard!
3. Ahhh I can almost feel the ocean breezes when I look at these palm pillows! I love the blues splashed in there too!
I love this palm pattern too! Not sure which one I like more!
As you can see, I’m in the dreaming phase of my DIY Back Patio Makeover! I would love to hear about how you have made over your own patio!