Being pregnant at 38 years old was not something I thought I would be doing at this stage of the game. Our other kids are in 7th and 4th grades. But somehow, some way…we ended up here and we are so stinking excited about it. I’m now at 38 weeks pregnant and awaiting baby any day now. People keep asking me…ARE YOU SO READY TO BE DONE???? And honestly, it doesn’t seem like it has taken that long to get here! I don’t know if it is because I’m older, or because I know that this really is the last time I’m going to be pregnant? Or maybe that my kids go to school everyday and I can afford to take a nap if I want? I’m not sure, but I do know there are few things that really helped me get through this pregnancy with grace and joy….and I just have to share them with you!
Here my 5 Pregnancy Must Haves!
- Contigo 32 oz Water Bottle– Let me just tell you that when I got pregnant I became the most thristy person in the world. If I didn’t have a water bottle with me at all times…I went into a slight panic. I actually had to buy 2 of these because one time my daughter brought it to school and left it there….then one day I found it on the LOST AND FOUND table…can you believe that??? I was shocked, but delighted to find it. Now I have 2 and they are just glorious. I have a huge purse, so I literally just take it where ever I go and it makes me so happy. It’s the little things in life that bring me pleasure! I fill this up and keep it on my night stand because I get soooo thirsty in the middle of the night. Do you know how glorious it is to have a full bottle of delicious water waiting for me after every bathroom trip or struggle to roll over?? My kiddos seem to thing the water tastes better out of this thing too…so as a requirement for them drinking ANY of it as we snuggle at the end of the evening…they have to head back down to fridge and fill it all the way to the top. It works out well. 🙂
- A New water Filter for your fridge! Along with your new amazing water bottle that you are going to want a fresh water filter for your fridge. Your preggo taste buds are probably like mine and are running on over drive. Our water is not the best tasting…but with this fridge water filter, it’s like drinking water out of a spring brook! Or at least wayyyyy better than it was! I got this one on amazon for $13 after looking at my local store and seeing that the only one that fit our fridge was $50!!!!!!!!!!! I was like…um. no. But because I’m drinking so much water these days…a $13 investment was so worth it!
- The BEST pregnancy Pillow in the world! I discovered this gem in the middle of the night one night as I was tossing and turning and could not fall back to sleep for the life of me. I went onto Amazon at 3am, ready a massive amount of reviews and in 2 days…I started to have the very best sleep of my life. We lovingly call this beast, “The Elephant Legs” because….basically, they are the coziest elephant legs I’ve ever been nestled between! I used to just use a king sized pillow between my legs…but the bigger I got, the more difficult it was to roll myself over…plus a long pillow that I could put between my legs….all under a blanket. I can’t tell you how much better it is to just be able to worry about getting myself rolled over….and then by the time I get to the other side (after a few grunts and flops) I find that there is a large super soft pillow waiting for me on the other side. ***Expert TIP*** I used this pillow with the connected part at the top for about 5 seconds…and it was REALLY hot up top, so I flipped it so that the connected part was at my feet…and it worked wonders for me. I put my feet up on the end when I need some elevation on these swelling feet, and I use my own preferred pillows up at my head. It worked out wonderfully and I’m so thankful that I splurged on this. Everyone deserves to sleep…especially while you are making a human (as my friend Robin always says!). Do yourself a favor and buy this about 3 months into pregnancy and don’t lose as many sleepless nights as I did!
- Belly Bands- these things are the best! I was able to wear my regular jeans for about 5 months….and not only did they hold up my pants, they help make my belly feel secure and stable. I wear a long black tank top almost everyday…but as my belly got bigger, it didn’t quite cover everything I wanted it to! These little gems are worth it! They are great for after pregnancy too!
- La Croix + Emergency I know this might seem like a weird thing to put on a pregnancy must have list…but this drink is where it’s at! I have been trying to drink less pop and this little bevi is a special treat that hits the spot while giving me an extra dose of some of the vitamins that baby and I need without the caffeine. I do drink pop sometimes…so don’t think I’m an angel, but I do love a carbonated beverage every day…and this one is delish! I have to fight my kiddos off this one too. Toss this combo in a mason jar full of ice and you have yourself a special little treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about!
Do you have your own pregnancy must haves? I would love to hear about them!