Mommy Bloggers. They are popping up everywhere. You probably see a mommy blog post at least once a day on Pinterest. I’m one of them. And you can be too!
Pinterest has birthed a whole generation of mommies who are capturing their kids lives, their DIY home makeovers and what they ate for dinner. Why are they doing this? There are lots of reasons, but a really important one is that it is a great way to make extra cash, while loving your family well. I did it because I love to write, take pictures and help other women be successful at a few of our most important jobs: Loving our husbands & loving our kids.
What I told you that you can make significant money while making dinner, cookies or buying regular items for your family? Wouldn’t you like to know how I do that? Now, don’t get me wrong, blogging is not a get rich quick scheme. It is hard work. But hard work that you are able to do on your own time, at home, in your yoga pants if you want! Now that is my kind of job!
Why you should start a Mommy Blog
- Starting a blog is easy. It will take you about 1 hr to get going, even if youhave never had a website before. There are many step by step instructions on how to start a blog. Just google it! Here is just one of many places to start. ***To make the most money on your blog, you will need to self host your blog. I’ve been blogging for over 10 years and have used Bluehost.com for my blogs and blogs I have set up for others. You can check them out on my link here. Another thing I love about them is that they you can get your domain (website url) in the same place.
2. You can make money things that you where going to do anyway! Do you enjoy cooking for your family? Blog about it. Do you like to do craft projects with your kiddos? Write about it! Do you get all jazzed about beauty products or deals that you get while shopping? Or decorating? Or remodeling houses? You get the idea! The thing to remember that whatever it is that you are going to write about needs to be something that gives you energy, because it still is work!
3. You can get products for free to review. After you have spent some time blogging regularly, you can start applying for different sponsored networks. There are a billion sponsored networks out there. You need to have a website/blog to sign up for most of these. I’ve gotten paid to review tons of baby products, toys, cooking products, food and even a $200 coffee pot! It’s pretty awesome to get paid to make my coffee!
I received all these full size baby and mom products to review…and I got paid for it! Read about my Mommy Survival Kit here!
4. Tell your family’s story. Many people start their blogs for the sole purpose of telling their story! You can have all of your memories, things you’ve figured out and favorite moments all together in one place for grandma and grandpa, family and friends and those who are far away to keep up with what is going on with your family. You will end up with a written, pictorial or video history of your family!
Pretty priceless. I’ve got this gem saved for all time. 🙂
5. Its fun! Again, if you hate writing, you could always do a vlog (video blog) and post it to your youtube channel and then to your website. Its an easy way to keep people posted. You could also do product reviews via youtube and grow an audience that way.
Have you thought about starting blog but just haven’t done it yet? There is no time like the present! I encourage you to head over to bluehost on my link and start it today!