Fall is coming so quickly! In eastern Washington, where I live, the mornings are crisp and by the afternoon, you can take a dip in the Columbia River…its a pretty amazing combination! We have a pretty special fall here. Its warm until about the middle of November…then all of a sudden, the weather “turns” and it gets cold real quick! What is nice about this kind of weather is that your fall is extended just about till its time to set up Christmas Decorations! I love it!
I love fall…I really love all the seasons, but Fall is the time for new beginnings, a step up to the next thing and fresh starts. I also love watching the leaves turn, friday night lights hometown football games and all things cinnamon and pumpkin! I just wanted to share a few of my favorite Fall ideas with you to get your Fall juices flowing too!
- DIY Fall Leaf Garland This is a super easy craft using supplies from the Dollar Store! Buy 4 packs of these crepe paper leaves, twist them together, and you have a really easy garland that adds some fall color to your decor without breaking your budget!
- Fall Porch Decor Ideas Here is a post about just a few of the ideas that I have used over the years! I just round up all these items in a box at the end of fall and bring them out again at the beginning of September…almost now!
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins – Gluten Free…but full of yum! These are made with Coconut flour and have a higher protein count than most muffins. This makes them great for a breakfast option for many (my daughter who HATES to eat breakfast! ) A few of these and some yogurt will hold you over till lunch!
- Pumpkin Spice DIY Coffee Creamer– As you probably know, I’ve been on a journey to remove as many chemicals, additives and preservatives to my family’s lives…and all though I’m not all the way there, there are items that I have found that are just as good or even better when made with simple ingredients! This goes for deodorant, soap, counter cleaner and even, yes, pumpkin spice creamer! This stuff is glorious and I double dog dare you to not go through the whole batch in 2 days! Love this stuff!!!
- Bone Broth ( aka: golden amazingness from heaven) Fall is another time to start thinking about building your and your family’s immune system. Making your own bone broth/chicken broth is a great way to do this and add to your fall recipes like soups, rice, sauces and just to drink when you aren’t feeling your best! Its full of nutrients and trace minerals that can help boost your immune system before the germs head your way. Its VERY simple and easy to make and can help prevent those nasty colds and flus that are coming in the next season. I make mine and freeze till I need some, thaw and use as I would chicken stock. Its lovely stuff!
What are some of your fall decorating ideas or recipes you love to make in the fall? I would love to hear more about them in the comments!