Oh the fruit of summer! For the last few years we have really been blessed by getting cherries right off the tree at our friend’s house in Idaho. There’s nothing like fresh, ripe, red cherries! I’ve been eating them for the last few days…my family literally ate our way through a grocery bag full of them! And boy…they were delish! Yeah…so you would think I would be craving a fresh cherry cobbler or blueberry crumble…but no. I was craving a dump cake. We when up to Lake Chelan for a few days and I needed to bring items that I all ready had in my pantry with me…and I had a cake mix…so I figured we could throw together a dump cake up at the cabin….well lets just say we came back and I was still craving it!
There really isn’t an easier dessert to throw together than a dump cake…cherry dump cake, peach dump cake, blueberry dump cake…its all the same…and oh so satisfying! So easy, my kids made it this time.
The basic recipe is grab your pie filling dump it in the pan, sprinkle with cake mix, then cover in pats of butter. Sound easy enough?? This is a perfect dessert to take to a bbq for 4th of July! Have the kids throw it together while you get yourself all gussied up!
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cake mix (white or yellow)
- 2 Sticks of butter
- 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grab your 9x13 inch pan and dump can of cherry pie filling in.
- Dump can of crushed pineapple with juice.
- Stir together and even out in pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over cherries & pineapple. Do Not stir in.
- Cut up both sticks of butter in small 1 TBSP pats and lay out on top of cake mix. It won't cover all of the cake mix, but will melt together in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, till golden brown & bubbly!
- Let cool 10 minutes!
- Add ice cream or whipped cream!