So…its that time again where my 12 year old daughter starts devising a “plan” to glam up her locker for school! Middle school lockers are a serious expression of her creative juices and last year we went all out…and so this year she is making a few tweaks and new projects. Hence making a Monogram Glitter Magnet for her locker! This glitter monogram magnet is a simple project that any 10-12 year old can do. She made it all on her own…so your kiddos could do this too! Just make sure you are around for the hot glue gun stage! Those things hurt!
What you need:
Glitter of your choice (i love this huge chunky glitter!)
Lightweight Wood Letter
Hot Glue Gun
What to do:
1.First grab something to cover your table for easy cleanup! We just used a plastic bin lid. 🙂 The paint a full coverage layer of mod podge on the front side of your wood letter. Any place you miss will not have any glitter, so don’t miss any!
2. Cover your letter with your selected glitter! Make sure you get all the nooks and crannys, all though, you will have time to add more glitter in the nooks if you need to afterward. This is not an exact science…this is crafting! 3. Dump off any excess glitter and see if you miss any spots, add mod podge to those areas and add more glitter.
4. Allow to fully dry…I live in a super dry and hot climate and mine dried enough to move on in about 30 minutes!
5. Paint OVER the glitter with mod podge. The mod modge will dry clear, so don’t worry that it might really mess up your pretty glitter! This will act like a sealant, all though you will still have a few specks of glitter around….if you really want it to stick, you could allow to dry and do 1 more layer.
6. Allow to completely dry and hot glue your 2 magnets to the back of your wood letter. You may need 1 more magnet if you have a letter with 3 main anchor points (like an A or W)
7. Add this to your amazingly glammed Locker or fridge! 🙂 Enjoy!
Do you have other DIY Locker Decorations that you are making for your or your teen’s locker this year? I would love to hear about it!