This post was sponsored by Walmart Parent’s Choice Products. All opinions are my own.
As a mature mom (I’m turning 40 in less than 2 weeks!!!), becoming a new mom again, I’m reminded of all of the things I used to worry about that I have let go of! Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of things that I worry about as a mom of a 1 yr old….but just not as many as I did before.
When I got pregnant at 38 years old, after having a 14 and 10 year old, I realized that everything was going to be so much different this time around. I’m wayyyy more relaxed and I’ve realized that life is short and you can’t sweat the small stuff.
I wanted to share my new baby tips for new parents!
- This season is short – savor the good stuff and know that the hard parts will be over soon! Having a 14 year old, I’ve realized that life goes by so fast! It seems like she was a baby just yesterday and now she’s in 8th grade! Going through the newborn phase the first time was really hard- all the sleepless nights and long days. But this time around, I’m able to take it all in stride, sleep when I can and get all the snuggles in, because time goes by fast. So remember to snuggle up to baby and take all the naps you can. The laundry can wait, the dishes can wait, but baby is going to grow so fast!
- Simplify! Life can get so crazy with a newborn, baby or toddler. If you can find a few ways to simply your life, things will be a lot easier. A few ways I’ve been able to simplify my life is by: making double meals, using one for dinner that evening and freezing the other one for another night. Some nights are just too busy to cook! I also use my electric pressure cooker to whip up meals in no time!
- Keep diapers and wipes everywhere! Believe me, you will thank me. I forgot just how often you gotta change those diapers! One time I forgot to check my diaper bag and ended up at church with no diapers and wipes…I went to go look in my car and luckily I ha
We live in a 2 story, so I wanted to have a place downstairs with wipes and diapers, so that I didn’t have to run all the way upstairs every time baby needed a diaper change. I keep a cute small bin on my side table that is stocked with diapers and wipes.
I also keep small zipper pouches in my purse and my car with diapers, wipes and a thin gauze blanket in my purse so that if I run into the store and forget the diaper bag, I always have at least a diaper, wipes and something to lay down on a changing table. You know, for those moments when you “run into the store” or when you are at dinner and don’t want to drag the whole diaper bag into the bathroom with you.
One time I forgot to check my diaper bag and ended up at church with no diapers and wipes…I went to go look in my car and luckily a diaper had fallen out of my diaper bag at some point- then I thought to myself…I should just keep diapers in here! Hello! These have been a life saver more than once!
I love Parent’s Choice Diapers and Parent’s Choice Wipes because they fit my price range and are perfect for baby. I love the quality that I get for such a value. I love saving money on diapers because I love to spend money on other things: cute baby clothes or…. a pedicure! Did you know that you can get these delivered for FREE?? Or if your store has pick up – you can order online and then pick them up! What a huge time saver!
I also love Parent’s Choice Premium Diapers. These premium diapers were developed with Pro Skin technology and are perfect babies with sensitive skin. They are super absorbent and are breathable for dryness up to 12 hrs! I also love the time to change indicator (we didn’t have this wonderful tool 14 years ago!). These diapers are also super soft and extra stretchy for baby’s sensitive skin.
- TAKE TONS OF PICTURES AND VIDEO! I can’t stress this one enough! When they are older you are going to want those pictures and videos with their little voices! I am wishing now that I had taken tons more video of my 14 and 10 year olds! We didn’t have cell phones with quality video on them then (can you believe that!?) so we had to get our actual cameras out….so we have NO excuse now! Grab your phone and take some photos and video today! You will thank me!
- Snuggle. A lot. I wish I would have known with my first just how fast these cute babies turn into toddlers, who turn into preschoolers, who turn into kiddos, who turn into preteens…and so on! And before you know it, you only have 4 years until your daughter is going to be 18. It truly goes very fast, so take all the chances to snuggle when you can. It seems like yesterday that he looked like this!
- Slow Down and Don’t Expect to be a Super Woman! For some reason, we moms tend to think that we need to be some kind of super women. Maybe it is comparison to all the pinterest moms, maybe it’s just our own expectations of what we think we need to be, but we all have to give ourselves some grace and let all the expectations go! Life with a new baby is crazy, and fun and usually different from we expect. As we lower our expectations of perfection, we will enjoy those small, fun moments that happen every day- our level of true joy will sky-rocket! Giving grace to yourself and others is your newest friend. Enjoy grace and enjoy your family even more than you thought you could!
What are tips you wish you had known before you had babies? Have you learned some fun tips since having kids? I would love to hear about them in the comments! Let me know!!