Ok you guys!! You know how you sometimes find out about a product and it absolutely revolutionizes your life?? Well!! I have one of those for you! I cannot wait to share this life changing product with you!
The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard is exactly that! I am so in love with this play yard, I can’t believe I didn’t have one of these with my two other kiddos!
Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard Review!
As a busy, work at home mom with a busy, walking 1 year old baby, I had a huge need for a way to keep him happy, safe and contained for some time during the day. He was much too big and busy for a regular play pen to keep him happy, so I went on a search for something much bigger. I knew there had to be a solution to my desperate need!
As I looked, I found this amazing baby play pen on amazon! The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard.
Here are some of the things I love about this play yard:
- It is lightweight and portable. I love that I can fold it up and toss it into the coat closet if I need to. It folds very quickly and is lighter than a typical play pen.
- It is see-through on all sides. I can be working on my computer and my baby can see me and I can see him! It is perfect for stealing a few moments here and there to work, put the dishes away or make dinner.
- It is BIG! This baby play yard is so big that if I have to get something done and baby isn’t loving being in there alone, his 10 year old bro can go in and keep him company. A few months ago when I had the stomach flu, I had my 10 year old hang with him for an hour and play blocks so I could sleep. Best investment ever!
- It is stable. My 14 month old is on the big side (aka, he’s wearing 2t clothing!) and he has pulled on the sides without moving the playpen or knocking it over.
- It has a great price! I found this Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard on Amazon for only $55- It is absolutely worth the money. I use it every day and in the summer, I plan on bringing it outside with the full coverage umbrella on it. They also offer a partial shade umbrella option as well. We live in a really sunny and hot area, so the full shade is a great option for us.
- No Assembly Required! This play yard comes ready to use right out of the box and even has a carrying bag, if you want to bring it to the beach or the park. So awesome!
Here are some things that I don’t love about it:
- The floor has no built in cushion. I have a pretty thick rug in my living room that I put my play yard on, so it isn’t a problem for me to use in my living room, but I do have wood floors, so the areas I can use it are limited due to not having any cushions on the bottom.
- The Cross bars on the side don’t have padding on them. One day when my kiddo was learning to walk, he tripped and fell inside the play yard and bonked his head on the crossbars- He was sad- but he got over it. Depending on what your child is like, this may be an issue. I’ve been using this play yard for about 5 months and I’ve only had the one issue with it, so I’m still thrilled with this play yard.
Do you have a baby gear product that revolutionized your momlife? I would LOVE to hear about it!! I love trying out new products and helping mom’s find products that make their life easier!